Minstrelsy for September, 2024
Who doesn't lift and listen? I sure do. And when I lift the steel off the ground, nothing pleases me more than the sound of metal! This summer had a lot to offer in terms of music. As you can see from my chart, not all of it is fresh... but since I discovered it for the first time this summer, I decided to include it anyway.
Most notably on the list is the Dark Prince himself—Ozzy Osbourne. The man has been through a lot lately, and at his age, I only expected something similar to The Ordinary Man, a very mellow type of album. But what did I get? I got a banger! This album deserves every bit of praise it’s received—it’s absolutely excellent. Notice the logo on the album? It’s Ozzy’s 80s logo, which means the music is heavily 80s-inspired as well. And that’s exactly what we’ve all been waiting for. The lyrics are honest, straightforward, and relatable. I could put myself in Ozzy’s shoes and truly feel the message.
Another notable mention is none other than the Metal Gods themselves—Judas F*cking Priest! Oh man, where do I even begin with this one? It’s got everything you’d expect from a Judas Priest album: energy, courage, and drive. The lyrics speak to your soul, and the music makes you move. Superb!
Lastly, I have to mention a band that recently became one of my favorites—Crypt Sermon. I was afraid their last album might be the only great one they’d ever make, but what a pleasant surprise—The Stygian Rose continues their triumph! The album is epic, with a few unexpected elements that make Crypt Sermon’s music even more interesting. I can’t wait for more material from this band!

Комментарии
Отправить комментарий